The Cystathione Beta Synthase pathway is crucially important to understand and probably the one area of the methylation cycle that is most misunderstood.
The Science behind the CBS pathway. Webinar Recording
Join Carolyn Ledowsky, MTHFR expert and founder of MTHFR Support Australia on this webinar discussing the CBS pathway.
The first assessment of any patient is around the signs and symptoms of the CBS pathway, because if the patient is having issues here you cannot proceed with methyl support.
In this webinar you will learn:
- What symptoms would a patient present with if they had issues with this pathway?
- How is pyroluria connected with the CBS pathway?
- What affects this pathway ie: oxalates, gut, sulphur metabolism issues etc? How do you identify this in your patients?
- What genes and rs id’s are the key ones to understand. What is the current research telling us?
- Did you know that the The CBS gene provides instructions for making an enzyme called cystathionine beta-synthase. This enzyme uses B6 to convert building block of proteins - homocysteine and serine to cytathionine. Another enzyme then converts cystathionine to the amino acid cysteine, which is used to build proteins and support glutathione production.